MAY 23, 2020
Southern fashion is a statement unlike any other. We live in a region where seersucker, monograms, and Brackish bowties are both commonplace AND stylish. There are many classic Southern fashion trends and traditions that have survived throughout history, but we’re more interested in the ones we’ve been seeing in the past year. Here are our 7 Southern wedding fashion trends that we’ve been loving lately!
(We want to make sure our photographers get credit, so hover over each photo to see who took it!)
1. Mixmatched bridesmaids’ dresses
“Mismatched” just makes it sound wrong, so we’re calling it “mixmatched”; after seeing these dresses in action, if mixmatched is wrong, we don’t want to be right!
2. Mixmatched groom and groomsmen suits + grooms with different colored jackets, than pants
Remember when Mom said “you can’t mix black and blue”? We disagree.
3. Softer, more pastel toned bridesmaids’ dresses
How to put your girls in pastels… without making them look like Easter eggs.
4. Bridesmaid gifts that double as super cute matching outfits for getting ready in!
Robes have never looked so cute!
5. Customized Items
“Real luxury is customization” – Lapo Elkann
6. Cute, but comfy shoes for that long walk down the aisle!
Give a girl the right shoes, and she can conquer the world…
7. Bridesmen fashion
Being a bridesman is a high honor, so make sure you’ve got the threads to match the title!
Bonus: Cute bridal shoes that we love!
Don’t separate a girl from her shoes… seriously.